White Hot Chocolate
Brief description of recipe: Kid & adult approved. Great any time of year, especially Winter & Holidays! Improved hot chocolate. Can serve in cocoa mugs or small cups with marshmallows, whipped cream, candy canes or add mix with coffee. Adults can mix in peppermint schnapps for a spiked Peppermint White Hot Chocolate (or for virgin add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract). Yum!
Serves #: 4
- 4 cups of milk of your choice (or you can substitute heavy cream or half and half, or do a mixture)
- pinch of salt (optional helps balance sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon HOMEMADE Stavoren Trading Co. Vanilla Extract (recipe)
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Optional garnishes: white chocolate chips, marshmallows (recipe), whipped cream, candy canes, cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until white chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth (do not boil).
- Transfer into cups and top with optional garnishes. Enjoy!