Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup
Brief description of recipe: quick and easy. Delicious to add to coffee, tea especially to make London Fog Lattes, lemonade, italian sodas, sodas, smoothies or cocktails. Drizzle over berries, add to yogurt or over pancakes or cakes!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean seeds, scrapped, pod reserved (buy now)
- 1/2 Teaspoon HOMEMADE Stavoren Trading Co. Vanilla Extract (recipe)
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, continuously whisking/ stirring until a boil and sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another 3-5 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before transfering to a glass jar to store for 1-2 weeks.
*Tip: can leave the pod in the syrup when you store for extra flavor or remove if you like. If you do not like it as sweet leave out the vanilla extract.