London Fog Tea
Brief description of recipe: Favorite morning beverage. Super easy to make.
Serves: 1 beverage (approximately 12 ounces)
- 1 tea bag, Earl Grey
- 1 cup (8 oz ) of water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender (do not have to use but recommend)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) Milk (any kind)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup (recipe) or Vanilla Extract (recipe) our sweetener of choice
- Place the teabag(s) in a mug with boiling water and lavender and allow to steep according to tea bag directions.
- While the tea is steeping, heat the milk in a pan on low until hot stirring occasionally (DO NOT BOIL MILK) or in the microwave until steaming, or use a milk frother. *Tip: can add warm milk to a French Press, moving plunger up/down to double milk in size)
- Once tea is done remove the teabag, add vanilla simple syrup or vanilla extract (can add more or less depending on your taste). Strain out lavender if used.
- Pour the milk/ froth over the hot tea, stir gently and enjoy!
*Tip: can use 2 tea bags if you prefer stronger tea. We recommend a milk frother (for recommended machine time) over the pan/microwave, it tends to double in size and creates a super foamy coffee shop style drink.
- Dublin Fog: Substitute Earl Grey with Irish Breakfast tea.
- Tokyo Fog: Substitute Earl Grey with matcha.
- Cape Town Fog: Substitute Earl Grey with rooibos.
- Starbucks: uses a mixture of Black Tea, Bergamot Essence, Lavender Flowers
Note: French Press technique can be tricky with little milk but can work; using a small French Press tends to work better if you have one. Fat in milk is what allows it to foam, thus Almond milk and skim milk do not work as well.